Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day 2: Largely futile quest with million-to-one odds dubbed 'Operation A-hab'

Went out a bit later today. Another slow day for fishing where I was. Quiet all around actually; I was the only one on the river, which is rare. I liked the solitude, but I realized, as I was casting out, that if I actually caught this thing today (more on the odds of that actually happening in another post), I'd be in a bind. I had no bucket with me, nothing to wrap it in, to carry it out in. I'd probably have to just snap a few pics and release it.

Worst of all, I'd have no way of filming the catch, which, since I've started making little video excerpts and posting them here (purely for shits and giggles, since I have neither a face nor voice for video, nor am I any kind of fishing expert...), is something I'd really like to be able to do.

I never thought I'd say this, but maybe it's time for a hat cam.  ;-)



 


 


-------------------------------
 
 
HALF MOON OVER HALF MOON LAKE - Just a random video in the last moments of daylight. What I meant to say here was there's nothing I love more than fishing until the very last light is out of the sky, casting out and reeling in an casting out and reeling in until I literally can't see the lure anymore. And even then, it's usually only mosquitos that chase me indoors; nighttime fishing can be well worth it...and has its own unique charms.